Saturday 28 November 2015

Cardiff City - Woe is me - Future for Slade

Woe is me, woe is me being a Cardiff City fan you would think we were bottom of the league staring relegation in the face but no, we are in touching distances of the Play-off, and still I am full of woe.

Defeat away to Derby last weekend and then dropping 2 points in 8 minutes thanks to an own goal left us fans scratching our heads to what should happen next. I took myself to the toilet with a round 5 minutes to go thinking of three points in the bag. When I returned to the living room I was none too happy to see the score was now 2-2 I was gutted to say the least. Slade out, Slade in over the last few years nothing has steadied the club.

Among the fans, it’s time for the manager to go now rather than later but not all fans agree with that statement. Who am I to say but I have an opinion. I have not been a fan of either former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær or present manager Russell Slade I felt Solskjaer was parachuted in because of is Manchester United past and a name. While Slade was totally the opposite when he was named manager, it was a case of ‘who’. From all accounts, he was the personal choice of our owner Vincent Tan his chosen man, which I found a surprise that he knew anything about football let alone managers in the lower leagues.

I remember when Slade was appointed owner Vincent Tan saying something stupid as he could emulate Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. Bigging up new managers is always a mistake fans are not stupid but always have high expectations. I am moving towards a new manager but I have no idea who I just want someone with passion, who can lift the fans, get the fans back into the stadium with football to excite them and get more out of this group of players.

The thing is if there was to be a change, it is better sooner than later in fact now. Any new manager needs time to get his feet behind the desk and with the all-important January transfer window where someone new can stamp is mark on the squad.

Hopefully were ever our owners is hanging out because it is not at the Cardiff City Stadium he should ask his mother what she thinks of Russell Slade after she helped kill off the rebranded. Maybe she help kill off a manager because next Saturday we play bottom of the table Bolton. Lose at Bolton and Slade should be shown the door before he reaches the dressing room after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment