Saturday 24 February 2018

My First Three Albums That Counted – The Police – Steel Pulse - Squeeze

I make no apologies for today’s memory. I have written before about my undying love of my music. I still find it a privilege and a joy to find something I have never heard before only the other day I caught Aretha Franklin track - Angel it was beautiful for easy listening on a sunny day.

I love my music and the journey it as lead me on over the years. Although I was always surrounding by music growing up listening to the radio I would never place myself in any genre of music. I liked what I liked with the attitude if you don’t I couldn’t careless.

I bought my first record player in 1977 with my account at Mackross and was soon in Spillers record shop to buying singles my first album. Outlandos D'Amour was the first by The Police I remember playing it repeatedly until I was word perfect with Sting. Favourite tracks! Roxanne,  So Lonely or Sue Lawley it kind of sounds like and Can't Stand Losing You.


The other two were first Handsworth Revolution Steel Pulse thanks to a John Peel radio session and the years of walking through Butetown hearing this kind of music blasting out of windows. My favourite tracks off this album are Soldiers and the fantastic, Prediction.

Again it was thanks to the John Peel radio show for the next and final album the appropriate named Squeeze by Squeeze with the stand out track Take Me, I'm Yours.

I was soon listening to Madness, The Specials, Bob Marley and many more I could live without music in my life. Every day I listen to music if I hear something in a TV show or film I feel the need to seek it out.

The biggest disappointment album was Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols by the aforementioned Sex Pistols. Why I bought it I can’t remember but it did came in use as a target for my air rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment