Wednesday 14 February 2018

Go away Valentine Day


Its rip off day better known as Valentine’s Day … suckers day I call it and yes, I am one of them because I am married and the wife likes Valentine goodies. With all its chocolate hearts, tacky pink cards, helium balloons, and flowers and overpriced tables at restaurants it’s the one day of the year, you are commercially forced to declare your love for your wife/husband, partner,
girlfriend/boyfriend, or secret admirer by opening your wallet.

Normally I purchase a few items pre V Day gifts for the wife but not this year not even new undergarments, but the wallet has opened which the wife received before rip off day, but still I had a card and some for her this morning. She knows better not to buy me anything that is how I like it not even a card hopefully.

In school, I never found myself inundated with cards from the countless girls who lusted after me. In my dreams. If the truth were told throughout school up to the age of 16 years old, I received only three cards two were posted through the letterbox meaning someone local the other I found in my desk at school. I’m not bitter and I didn’t cry myself to sleep every 14 February I would just love to know who sent the cards, that’s my ego at work. Were they a joke or did I have a secret admirer and if so why didn’t you just tell me.

No card, no present for me. I am adamant I don’t want anything I would rather have any money spent on a takeaway, that’s my kind of love. I certainly don't want- nor expect- anyone to dig deep in their pockets to remember they love me for one day, yet forget about letting me know that for the rest of the year!

That also goes for the supermarkets ingredients meals they all do one like Sainsbury’s who have bundled together, two steaks, two side dishes and a bottle of pink fizz which costs £16.25 overall. The downside … you have to cook it so why bovver. It is easy to pick up the phone and have a takeaway delivered you can even get your steaks to your front door if that’s your wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment