Wednesday 7 November 2018

Mayo wins - I will never eat the stuff


I love a sandwich, as my waistline can testify! However, still the sandwich produces of the UK believe mayo is a sandwich spread. I have written on the subject on mayo as a spread and it is becoming hard and harder to find a non-mayo sandwich. When you do find one you had better get in there quickly because they sell out fast.

The Christmas sandwiches are hitting the shops and I expect that like the last two years I will not be finding a mayo free sandwich. It is so depressing I thought I heard great news of a Christmas related snack new on the market of a ‘Pigs in Blanket’ sandwich that was until finding out mayo spread was in use.

Screw it! I give up I could never win the battle against the curse of mayo and shout out to the few shops that supports people like me. It is not that I want to see the extermination of mayo only as a spread take the humble Ham sandwich and mayo spread. Unholy and sacrilege to a slice of Ham.

I would like to give a shout out to Brutons the Bakers who use margarine and mayo and will make a lush Ham sarnie with margarine if you ask, and if they have the fixings for a sandwich, and the staff are marvellous. And a shout out to Cardiff Indoor Market were the cafés go old school with margarine and stalls like The Market Munch box at least give you the option the ham crusty cob/bap being my favourite.

I still have Pies, Pasty, Sausage Rolls so my waistline will be safe until I am thrown into fatty prison to fat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment