Friday 6 October 2017

Wales Win - Part Two Monday


Not being one of the 2000 Welsh fans at the Georgia v Wales game, I was sitting back in my chair awaiting the start. Funny time for a game with a 5 o’clock kick off in the afternoon/early evening on a Friday but this game was just about one of the most important games for Wales in a while.

The game was on Sky, the TV is on, and the pundits had their say discussing the team news bemoaning and discussing the lack of Gareth Bale. Can we really be a one team player? Every paper I have read today talks about no Bale starting today or on Monday against the Rep of Ireland they are doomed but we are bigger than one player we will see.

The first half must have been boring I fell asleep. It was a tap on the shoulder from the wife that woke me up I was up really early this morning and I was awoken just in time for half time. I hang my head in shame. The pundits didn’t seem excited about the first half and it was 0-0 so I had the better result, a catnap, and the second half to look forward to along with some beans on toast.

With nothing to compare this second half looked better than the first lucky I was a wake and I got to see the only goal of the game and scored by Wales, oh yes and that is how it finished. After the goal the Welshman were kept on their toes as Georgia pushed forward looking for an equaliser but happy times at the final whistle. Now the wait for the other two results that kick off later.

Austria 3 – 2 Serbia F/T
Ireland 2 – 0 Moldova F/T

Top of the table Serbia lost and are one point above Wales but there last game is at home to Georgia and they are likely to win leaving Wales fighting for second spot with the Rep of Ireland.

So on Monday the mother of all battles would take place in the Cardiff City Stadium when Wales welcome the Rep of Ireland with a play-off place for the World Cup at stake. It will be a full house and the stadium with just over 2000 Irishman and with possibly every home, club and pub full to the rafters with love and support for Wales and the same in Ireland. Not to be miss…..

No comments:

Post a Comment