Wednesday 18 May 2016

New boss Paul Trollope - New broom - We are Cardiff City


Well we have a new manager, not a big name some were hoping for but a promotion from within the ranks. Not that is name will inspire the missing thousands to rush to the turnstiles but on that we will have to wait and see. Unquestionably, this upcoming pre-season will be all-important for him there are rumours of eight new faces and a number of players will leave the club.


From the reaction of the news on social media, fans are not taking to the rooftops there is a lot of negativity and I am kind of in that camp. The rumour is that Cardiff City appointed Paul Trollope as Russell Slade’s successor solely made at the door of owner Vincent Tan we are lead to believe.


He is in the chair now and we need to back him I doubt Mr Tan will change his mind any time soon even if we were to have a bad start to the new season. We need positive news out of the club, the local press, and the fans that is what will bring the missing thousands back. Exciting football so everyone is talking Cardiff City would also help attendances get a boost. Of course, the players and the first team coach himself must do their bit on the field.

Although I am not jumping for joy at the appointment, I will stand next to him for the sake and future of Cardiff City. I was not a fan of Slade but I was not going to protest and call for his head as I just didn’t believe Vincent Tan would get rid of him.

The former coach Trollope said, “I’m honoured to get this position, it’s a good challenge and one I’m looking forward to getting started with”, Trollope went on to say. “It’s a good club with a good fan base and nice facilities and stadium – and it was an absolute no-brainer to do the job.
“Every coach and manager has got their own philosophies, their own way of playing, handling players and preparation.

“I’ll bring my own style to that, and anyone who knows me knows that I’ve got clear ideas of the way things should be on and off the pitch at a football club.”

Trollope will immediately need to stamp his authority on the team with his own ideas distances himself from the Slade era at the club. Could be difficult but at the end of the day Slade had the final decision on players and style of play. He will report to CEO Ken Choo and Chairman Dalman. The question is now will Slade be happy with the Head of Football role with no first team responsibility or will he be attracted to another managers job.

In a statement on the club's website Vincent Tan said, "I believe Paul will improve the team in several areas. In particular, I hope he will lead the team to play an attractive style of football that Cardiff City fans love.

"We hope that under Paul's leadership, Cardiff City will return to the Premier League.

"I'd like to thank him for what he's done for us so far whilst wishing him the best of luck for the future. He has our full support."

One point I take issue with the club is allowing Trollope to continue is coaching duties with the Welsh national team for the upcoming European Championship finals in France which are weeks away. He should be 100% focused on Cardiff City and nothing else. He confirmed he will continue in his role at this summer's European Championship finals in France next month.

"I don't see it as any sort of hindrance for preparation for new season [with Cardiff]," he said.

"I will discuss the viability of continuing with Wales after the Euros."

No comments:

Post a Comment