Saturday 21 May 2016

FA Cup - Road to Wembley - Bloody United

The lack of updates on my ‘Road to Wembley’ blogs can be laid at the door of Manchester United and my total hatred of them at goes back to my childhood. That was way back in the beginning of the seventies this is no flash in the pan my hatred is made of long-term stuff.

I hated them longer than I hated those bastard Jacks (Swansea) up the road the only other team I refuse to follow on this road thing. So Manchester United reached the final but I have been hoping they would be beaten somewhere along the line but they weren’t and I would have been ok with any one of the teams they beat.

With me refusing to have anything to do with United so I am parking my support on a temporary basis with Crystal Palace. The build-up to the game was boring, where is the fans ‘It’s a Knockout’ and the rest that made a great day when I was a kid and when will the kick-off be back to 3pm.
Can’t say the first half excited me a few chances and Palace had the ball in the net only for the ref to blow up for a free kick to Palace. Half time in the studio it was just as dour as the football on the pitch with the ref getting a bit of attention for mistakes he will feel he didn’t make.

I was beginning to feel the plan for this game was extra time and penalties I was feeling guilty for making the wife sit through it, nasty husband I was. I was getting so bored I was thinking to myself what is it with beards and footballers and were there any Manchester fans in the ground all I could hear was Palace fans.

When Palace scored I nearly jumped through the ceiling I was hoping to see Susanna Reid streak across the pitch, naked of course. With that image doing the round in my mind I was soon fully deflated when United pull the goal back. Extra ruddy time the last thing I what to see another 30 minutes of football and probably penalties. United down to 10 players on the pitch, advantage Palace but United will shut the bran door tight to take it to penalties.

The last 15 minutes with the extra player should have seen Palace push forward but it was United doing the pushing. I was thinking I have seen ten men win before and then they go and score, Palace 1-2 United. That’s it game over I thought to myself and I was right god damn I hate Manchester United.

Road to the Final …

  • Final - Crystal Palace 1-2 Manchester United
  • Semi-Final - Everton 1-2 Manchester United
  • Sixth Round (replay) - West Ham United 1 - 2 Manchester United
  • Sixth, Round - Manchester United 1-1 West Ham United
  • Fifth, Round - Shrewsbury Town 0-3 Manchester United
  • Fourth, Round - Derby County 1-3 Manchester United
  • Third, Round - Manchester United 1-0 Sheffield United
  • Second, Round – Sheffield United 1-0 Oldham
  • First, Round – Sheffield United 3-0 Worcester City
  • Fourth Round Qualifying - Gateshead 1-2 Worcester City
  • Third Round Qualifying (replay) – Worcester City 1-0 Solihull Moors
  • Third Round Qualifying - Solihull Moors 1-1 Worcester City
  • Second Round Qualifying - Solihull Moors 3-1 Oadby Town
  • First Round Qualifying - Sutton Coldfield Town 0-1 Oadby Town
  • Preliminary Round - Harborough Town 1-3 Oadby Town
  • Extra Preliminary Round - Quorn FC 0-2 Oadby Town


No comments:

Post a Comment