Tuesday 20 December 2016

Can't sleep so what did I do

Climbed out of my pit this morning at 2:35am after a massive leg cramp and the fact I couldn’t settle back to sleep leaving me looking forward to a day of cat napping I would think.

So what do you do at this ungodly hour when most everyone else including the wife are fast asleep, switch the laptop on and the TV and look for something to watch. The news is always my first stop with the big story being Berlin and the terror attack on the Christmas market where at the time of writing a reported twelve were killed and 50 injured. Again early reports have an 'Afghan refugee' under arrest read into that what you may.

Other news Russian ambassador to Turkey shot dead in art exhibition in Ankara and already a Russian politician is reporting to have linked the shooting to a NATO conspiracy. The talk coming out of Russia these days is very worrying.

I then ended up watching a slasher/teen flick, Chastity Bites (2013) and I soon realised I made a mistake. The film is about a 500-year-old murderer who maintains her eternal youth by bathing in the blood of virgins, and sustains her supplies by leading a double life as a conservative campaigner for sexual abstinence. A teenage blogger discovers her secret, and tries to prevent her friend from becoming the latest victim we just know she will save the day.

I managed 30 minutes of the film before looking for something better and took to YouTube and noted that Dr. Sandra Lee (aka Dr. Pimple Popper) had some new videos out. There is nothing more that I like than watching a pimple or two being busted, the bigger the better.

Finished the morning off with the British gangster film RocknRolla (2008) which I may have seen before but still I liked the film. With a wide range of characters and some very powerful performances. The film is about a Russian mobster orchestrating a crooked land deal, millions of pounds are up for grabs, and London’s entire criminal underworld wants in on the action. Everyone from a dangerous crime lord to a sexy accountant, a corrupt politician, and down-on-their-luck petty thieves conspire, collude, and collide with one another in an effort to get rich quick.

Some very fine performances in the film from Gerard Butler (One Two), Tom Wilkinson (Lenny) what surprised me was the outstanding performance by Toby Kebbell. His subtle dialogue and crazy laughter really spells horror and magic at the same time. The story takes you through the London under world and spins all dramatic sequences with blood, deceit, and loads of humour. The scene where Gerard and his gang escape from the two Russian militants... that scene made me laugh like crazy the first time I saw it and still makes me chuckle.

Knocked this post up before Breakfast TV which would probably be full of Berlin with the question been asked could it happen here. News like this is playing into the arms of the European right-wing political parties with elections next year in Germany and France.

No comments:

Post a Comment