Wednesday 4 January 2017

Naan and Bacon Sandwich

I wrote this a while ago, three months ago, actually but for some reason, I scheduled it to publish in 26/10/2019, strange I have no clue why.

Feeling annoyed the kitchen was looking bare for a snack. I was waiting on the wife Glenys who was an hour or two away from bringing home some previsions. Although I could have had a plate of beans because the cupboards were pretty full, soups and the like in the fridge there were a few miscellaneous items but no bread.

Seeing some bacon in the fridge, I really fancied a bacon sandwich but without at least two slices of bread, it was a non-starter. However, I was having the makings of an idea to get my sandwich that involves a left over naan bread from last night’s homemade curry. Has I was sitting there sulking I was reminded of the Bombay restaurant which is now closed down they did an Indian based breakfast with naan bread and bacon sandwiches.

With no idea how to make one, I took to the internet looking for ideas. I was surprised just how popular this sandwich was, a delicacy in the eyes of some and I was about to see for myself. First there seemed to be no one way or another in how to make one some are fancy while I was looking to make a plain one so that is what I did.

With the wife not looking I fried up three slices of bacon with I normally bake in the oven and just before I had finished throw in some slice up tomatoes. The naan cut in half when it to the toaster for a couple of minutes I decided to put a bit of butter on the naan. Then forked on the bacon and tomato it was really looking good and when I sunk my teeth into it … oh my god it was good. Next time I will try naan with a sausage and onion filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment