Friday 7 July 2017

My Fantasies World

Do we not all fantasies in one way or another. Dream about that something you always wanted or that adventure that has been there in the back of your mind forever.

Extreme rowing is a favourite fantasy but in my mind, I go further than rowing the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean. I dream of rowing around the world without stopping which I would think would be impossible but it does not stop my vivid imagination. The last time I did any kind of rowing was back in the 70s on Roath Park Lake or rafting on the river Taff. Today I would have problems rowing across the River Taff.

I love watching TV programmes on the History Channel and others were people live off grid or in tiny communities in the middle of nowhere. Living off the land and grubbing around for a meal may sound the ultimate adventure but it is just another fantasy. Unless I was stocked up with my favourite foods, I would never do it even if the chance fell into my lap. Alone against the elements sounds great but unless there was a shop behind the nearest tree, I would be too scared.

Rockall
Could you live off grid in the UK? Maybe up in the Scottish isles far up north. I always fancied living on top of Rockall a rock in the Atlantic (see picture), not the flattest rock in the world. Off the grid, living anywhere else in the UK could be difficult as I feel privacy would be an issue.

What about the South Pole for an adventure. That would be a real adventure because but for scientists on the continent of Antarctica, there is no native resident plants or animals at the South Pole. So you would need to take a shop with you.

I would like to think I would have been in the queue to sign up for the one-way trip to Mars if I was able but I done that and got the t-shirt in my imagination. Get the Mars Rover to check out the Victoria Crater again has it miss my den and my flag, which I used to claim Mars for Her Majesty the Queen.

One way Mars Colony
I am fascinated with Mars and believe one day it will be colonised but will we take all our shit to the planet as governments on earth carve it up. If the UK wants to be a part of any, carve up a government here needs to enter the space race.

Yes, this is where my fantasies world takes me just a few of many destinations or adventures and there are many more but even in this world of fantasy I never dream of changing my life. It is always the young Peter, the single Peter, and the Peter before 1984 who is off on the adventures. Maybe one day I will have some kind of great adventure but until then back to daydreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment