Sunday 31 July 2016

Sunday Newspapers - Traditional - I love to read

I love Sunday morning papers! I buy enough of them four this morning at a cost of £4.90, don’t tell the wife. You can blame my Dad for the Sunday newspaper collection he always and still dose love reading Sunday papers, Sunday is about a roast dinner, we are having loin of pork today and reading the papers with an eye on the football for me.

No one in the house but me will read them so there is no competition for them if I do see something I would like to share they are straight onto mobiles or laptops to check out the story, whatever. I do mainly buy them for the football and other sports not pages of trivia about Z-list celebrities.

So why the Daily Star Sunday? Its better than the Sunday Sport only just. It’s my first read of the day, a light read for breakfast normally full of reality TV and the Z-list celebrities like the Kardashian an awful American family. The front page sums up the paper really, “BB Babes: We’ll bed hunky Grant” not Grant Mitchell from EastEnders but that bloke who was married to Anthea Turner just top journalism.

Buying the Sun on Sunday is very controversial especially among football fans many of them still boycotting the paper over Hillsborough. Over the years, I have boycotted the paper from time to time but in the end the sport coverage is extremely good if like most papers Premier League heavy in its reporting. What a let down today even with the Football League kicking off next weekend and the Premiership a week later they were counting down the Premier League kick-off.

This week a player was bought by Manchester United for £112million or less depending on which newspaper you read and a weekly wage-packet of £280,000 unconfirmed could be higher has the deal is not official yet. With all this craziness I would rather read the Non-League papers were Spalding United have signed one of the best defenders in Evo-Stik NPL Division One South after swooping for Jordan Lemon, fee and wages unknown.

I have more interest about Level 9 – 15 of non-league than the Premier League does and the Non-League paper the results pages during the season are just magnificent to read and study. I follow a few teams from a distance Guernsey FC being one. I love the fact they have to pay all the expense of the visiting team to play their football on the mainland.

The last paper I read around teatime is the Sunday Mirror my heavyweight paper it has always been my favourite paper with fantastic sports coverage and a Wales edition although I haven’t see the Welsh flag on the cover for a while. The papers politics are to my liking being a major supporter of the Labour Party

No comments:

Post a Comment