Sunday 18 November 2018

Tutti Frutti (1990 German TV series) Gameshow

I flicked through my Virgin Media box this morning looking for something to watch I noted there are a number of channels were blocked locked to me, I was reminded of the early years of Sky Satellite.

We went with the British Satellite Broadcasting but when it closed down, we transferred over to Sky, which proved to be better. There were more channels and a bonus with many unencrypted foreign channels to view.

One of the channels was RTL a German channel and the only one I can remember due to the TV series “Tutti Frutti” and to be honest the only show I can remember as well. Thanks to YouTube, I refreshed my memory earlier. While researching the show I remembered SAT.1 where they would show soft-core films late at night in a foreign language.


“Tutti Frutti” was the first erotic TV show on German television and was available to viewers across Europe as it was broadcast without encryption via the Astra satellite. It was a kind of game show in German so I had no idea what the hell was being said but the premise was very odd as a male and female answer questions and would strip. The host Hugo Egon Balder was a slimy looking bloke with a mullet to match.

I suppose the show was famed for its showgirls called "Cin Cin Girls" each one representing a particular fruit - strawberry, banana it goes on and wore an outfit to resemble the colour of the fruit and when points given then they would revealed their breasts with a nipple pastie of their fruit covering one. There were a lot of woman on the screen scantily clad but no one is naked I remember it was called the boobs show when the British media got hold of the story.


One of the weirdest foreign game shows I seen on a Friday night or any night really. I suppose I should say would it work today. Why not, because it would make a funky game show but for some reason I believe no production, company would commission it scared of the reaction but we can laugh and have fun watching “Naked Attraction a British dating game show”.


If you have not seen it, the controversial dating show where people male and female stand behind a screen are slowly revealed to potential love interests. I cannot see why but a guy revealing a tiny penis or some fat woman is ok. You know why they are in the line-up, for a laugh will no chance of winning the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment