Sunday 17 September 2017

Sunday Lust – Joy Harmon – Car Wash scene in Cool Hand Luke

This is a one-lust wonder, just like a one off hit in the singles chart that maybe reaches the top ten and you never hear of the artists again. Well it is the same with the film scene I only remember her for this piece of work and it was something else to watch.

If I mention the film ‘Cool Hand Luke’ you may just have an idea what I have on my mind, the memorable egg-eating contest, no the car wash scene! I felt the heat caused by Joy Harmon. It must go down has the hottest car wash scene with clothes on.

I don’t really care what others may say, agree or not but this is quite possibly one of the hottest car wash scenes in the history of film. It starts with a hot blonde country girl coming out and putting her radio on loud to get the prisoners attention. But the prisoners had already sniffed her out leading me to believe it could be a regular occurrence.

She then takes a firm yet gentle grasp on a long stiff water hose, and soaps up more than the car before leading into her pressing her wet, soapy ample boobs against the glass of the car and culminates with her taking a long cool drink from the hose.

One of the prisoners Koko comments: “God she don't know what she's doing”.
But Luke hits back: “Oh boy, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's driving us crazy and loving every minute of it.”

But what pushes an extra button was the fact she was deliberately sending temperatures into over load for the prison chain gang toiling by the roadside. The George Kennedy character Dragline, the prisons top dog, named the mysterious girl saying, anything so innocent and built like that just must be named Lucille. She is no innocent that’s for sure.

“Hey, Lord... whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes.” Cries Dragline.


No complaints. But it’s hard to complain about anything in Cool Hand Luke. Before I saw the scene on TV, I saw it in a Playboy or another adult magazine in a series of still pictures, not the same I can tell you. An interesting point of the car wash scene it was planned to be shot in half a day, Harmon's scene took three. For the part of the scene featuring the chain gang, Rosenberg (Director) substituted a teenage cheerleader, who wore an overcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment