Friday 3 July 2015

Quorn FC my FA Cup starting point

Nice to see the draw for the Extra preliminary round of the 2015-16 FA Cup made so I can tick off another one of my football traditions.
I have a number of them (traditions) but this one is to follow from a far one team from the earliest round of the FA Cup switching to the winner until the final in May. They will be at least 14 matches away from the final at Wembley and the players of the team I pick will be sitting in the pub watching the game rather than playing in the final.
Which team to pick? Last season didn’t pan out for me ending up on the losing side but hey, it’s just a bit of fun for a football nerdy like me.
• Extra Preliminary Round - Dunkirk FC
• Preliminary Round – Shepshed Dynamo FC
• First Round Qualifying – Sheffield FC
• Second Round Qualifying – Warrington Town
• Third Round Qualifying – Warrington Town
• Fourth Round Qualifying – Warrington Town
• First Round Proper – Warrington Town
• Second Round Proper – Gateshead FC
• Third Round – West Brom
• Fourth Round – West Brom
• Fifth Round West Brom
• Sixth Round – West Brom
• Semi-Final – Aston Villa
• Final – Aston Villa
I perused the list looking for the team with the stupidest name a favourite of mine or one that jumped out at me and there would a few contenders Jarrow Roofing Boldon CA, AFC Wulfrunians and FC Romania who last season coursed a bit of a media scramble.
In the end, I chose Quorn FC who on picking I had no idea who they were or where they played, I just hope they weren’t some veggie team. In the old days, I would never know anything about them but we are lucky today we have the internet. I quickly found out they were based in the village of Quorn, near Loughborough, Leicestershire, currently playing in the Midland League Premier Division. They were formally known has Quorn Methodists F.C., changing its name in 1952.
If Quorn beat Oadby Town in the opening round, they will face a trip to Harborough Town or Shirebrook Town in the Preliminary round. >>>> Full Draw

No comments:

Post a Comment