Sunday 26 July 2015

To Russia with Wales?

Well the World Cup 2018 draw threw up an interesting group for Wales and they will face the Republic of Ireland, plus Austria, Serbia, Moldova and Georgia in Group D. I would thing the Welsh management and fans would be happy with this group.
Now that is over manager Chris Coleman and the players need to get back in the mind set of gaining qualification for next seasons Euro Championship. Wales maybe top of their Euro 2016 group with four games left and have a three-point lead but they still need points to be sure of qualifying.
I must admit even I’m getting excited about the future of Welsh international football having for years been nonplussed about them. Let me explain myself. I have always supported them in every game but my true love lies in club football, in particular Cardiff City as I enjoy the cut and thrust of league football more.
It’s nothing to do with disappointment with their lack of success in qualifying for anything since 1958, a long time ago. Being a Cardiff fan I have had over the years received plenty of that disappointment following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment