Friday 3 July 2015

Peter’s Pies - Cornbeef Pie

I am not the world’s biggest fan of the Peter’s Pies range although their Steak Pie is the best of a mediocre bunch in the pie section. I rate their Cornbeef pastie highly along with their plain Sausage Roll.
However, during a store promotion, the display caught my eye and I was drawn towards Peter’s Cornbeef Pie. I love a Cornbeef Pie since I was a youngster and low and behold, I dropped one into our shopping trolley.
I was thinking was it just the filling of a Cornbeef pastie pushed into a pie case. The letdown is the pastry, which is my problem with all Peter’s Pies. I like my pies to be firmer and these pies just do not cut the mustard with me. To help firm up this pie I tried reheating it in the oven, discarded the foil tray. The pie came out of the oven soggy with no firmness, and when I tried to pick it up it easily broke up always a disappointment in a pie for me. Definitely, a plate pie so out came a fork.
As for the filling of the pie was lovely which I was expecting seeing I like the pasties but a bit chunkier maybe. It was a tad short on content there was plenty of room for some more. There was a campaign to make the Cornbeef pasty the national dish of Wales however, the same couldn’t be said of the pie.
Rate this Pie 6/10 (5.9 for the filling)

No comments:

Post a Comment