Monday 7 August 2017

Down ladies... it a 12" Sausage Roll

Oh Morrisons, why oh why have you done this magnificent thing when I was contemplating a downsizing of my food intake to help with my diet, it will be out of the window if/when I get stuck into one of these babies.

Morrisons have launched a mega foot-long sausage roll to tempt me back over to the dark side. The twelve-inch monster of pastry and sausage meat weighs in at around half a kilogram. Morrisons must have the largest sausage roll on sale in the UK but for how long. Will we now see an escalation in the size of the humble sausage roll? A war for dominance.

Despite its impressive length, the foot-long only costs £1 but you have to get in fast at that price as from 14 August the behemoth snack is to rise to £1.43.

The foot-long treat is served in its very own special tray because the traditional paper bag used for smaller versions proved to be inadequate to hold the mighty roll. It could be a full meal on its own and while some may chop it up into sizes that are more manageable the majority will tuck into the full beast. It is there to be conquered and I will be taking it on as soon as I lay my hands on one.


No comments:

Post a Comment