Sunday 20 August 2017

Sunday Crush - Marie Osmond

It was a big No. 1 in the UK charts for Marie ‘Paper Roses’ and was she going to be yet another one of the Osmond clan who would dominate the charts in the early to mid-seventies. But her follow up single was a big fail making her a one hit wonder but did I care! No.

I seem to have a thing about sweet innocent butter wouldn’t melt all American girls just look at my previous ‘Sunday Crushes’. She wouldn’t be an easy date with her brothers but well worth a try for this randy teenager. They were all Mormons. At the time, all I knew about being a Mormon meant you had to go to church like us Catholics.

It was uncool being a boy and liking anything Osmond even Marie. Most of my child counterparts (boys) were loved up on the likes Suzi Quatro, a leather wrapped American rock chick. She was a hottie but didn’t make it into my crush list. If the girls could have Donny why couldn’t have Marie I can’t remember many songstress who gave me that tickling feeling.

The complete innocent look of Marie was what attracted me towards her she didn’t dress as your average teen, more sophisticated and I had a fondness for that look. She was sexy to. No glamour model or any sexiness all that was well control by her family and management I could not even find a picture in a swimsuit from that time not even a bit of cleavage. She had an angelic singing voice that I first heard on the radio and you know what! She is still hot today… with the help of a surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment