Saturday 18 August 2018

Summer Holiday the Musical - Date Night

It has been awhile but I ticked something off my bucket list yesterday! I took the wife to the theatre (The Millennium Centre) Cardiff Bay to see “Summer Holiday” not my choice I wasn’t expecting to be going.

That all changed when for some reason I decided to book a room in a local hotel, Christ why. There was no reason to go I am sure my plus one would have loved to go in my place and I could have saved the money on the hotel. So I booked us into the Travelodge just around the corner from the centre.

We booked in and our room was ok for a night and fully accessible for the wife it was like living in the land of Lilliput for me. The toilet was so low I was glad of the grab rail to help me up. Comedy moment of the night, me jumping around the room after an all too powerful leg cramp. All I was doing was lying on the bed next I was jumping around from the worst cramp I have had, and I have had a few. It also lasted the longest as well as being the most painful. The other moment is private but funnier.

After we got ready, we sorted about looking for somewhere to eat and ended up at “The Bay Tavern” with us both going for the steak. I checked the on line reviews and they were pretty bad maybe I should have check before ordering but for a dollop of some kind of sauce on my steak and a short wait we had than ok visit. I did ask for just steak, peas, and chips but the sauce just comes with the steak unless you particularly ask for it to be removed, next time I will. I scraped it off.

Over to the Millennium Centre where we were booked in to watch “Summer Holiday” it was our first time watching a show at the Welsh ionic venue and something off my bucket list. After nearly 32 years of marriage it was the first time I had taken her to a show. This happen because of lack of money at the beginning of our marriage and these latter years due to my mental health something I have yet to resolve, but this was a small step forward.

Has for the show it was ok… it was the wife’s choice but she didn’t have me in mind when booking it, sorry Karen. It was the last thing I was expecting to do last night. But I surprised her by booking a hotel for the night. Lots of singing, it was a musical at the end of the day and very well executed but it was not the film but for my first musical I would highly recommend it if you get a chance. It is youthful, boisterous, and loud. We found the staff very helpful and it was great to see a fully operating disable toilet with plenty of room.

Back to the hotel, I decided to go straight upstairs instead of having a drink at the bar. I found size does matter. While at home, I have a 60” plus TV at the hotel I had to make do with a 14” TV yes it did matter. Being on the third floor, it gave me a chance to partake of some voyeurism watching the world go by. The breakfast was great all you could eat but I did not go over the top and full my plate. Another something at as followed me home is the tune 'Summer Holiday' out of my had. We were soon on our way home but until next time, December in London and the Old Vic and a 'Christmas Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment