Thursday 19 April 2018

Who gains 50 pounds for a film Role - Charlize Theron but is it right


Sometimes I read an article in the press that makes me mad as the mad hatter and I ask myself why! I think Charlize Theron is a fine actress and one of the most beautiful woman in film but for her latest film, she has taken one for the sake of her art by drastically changing her image (see picture).

For her new film released next month “Tully “ she gained 50 pounds for the film role has an overweight and overwhelmed mother however the press are claiming Theron became depressed after gaining the weight for the film an later losing it. Not the first time actors and actresses have gone to such lengths for their art. When the part was offer to her, she knew gaining weight would be part of the role and thought no problem.

My point she was chosen for the role based on her star status I also have a problem with faking disabilities in films. Why can’t the producers find an appropriate actor like the many overweight actresses finding it hard to get a job let alone a starring role or working as a waitress. I wouldn’t never go to watch a star led film I go to see films that interest me.

She revealed after embarking on a fatty diet left her feeling depressed with the new lifestyle, which saw her gorging on cups of cold macaroni and cheese at 2am. Theron had about three and a half months to gain weight for the film but It took about a year and a half to lose. It’s not the first time she has made such a transformation before in the film Monster (2003) where Theron gained 30 pounds.
She's a great actress, but why get her to put on so much weight at the expense of her health instead of someone who's already there? Actresses complain there are too few roles out there but here in my book you have someone taking a job from another actress who could have all the attributes without having to gain the weight but hasn’t the star status for the film makers.

The thing is … I kind of like the 50 pounds heavier Charlize oh Peter stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment