Sunday 11 September 2016

The Football League Paper - Fantastic Read - Adam Le Fondre

Todays Front Page
I wrote a few weeks ago about my decision to make changes to my Sunday newspaper habit. As I wrote, I mainly buy my papers to read about football but have grown sick of reading of the Premiership, which occupies pages and pages of the papers.

The big change is I now take The Football League Paper (£1.50) along with the Non-League (£1.50) where my interests are these days not the cash cow of the Premier League. I like watching football and earlier this morning I was watching Match of the Day but reading about the ins and outs of the Premier League it bores me.

So last weekend I made the change but with no Championship football due to international call-ups I decided to review the paper this week.

First, thing I noticed no front page with Jose Mourinho looking despondent after the Manchester derby. A plus point straight away and on page three fittingly for a Cardiff City fan a former striker Adam Le Fondre was interviewed announcing he held no malice for a miserable two-years at my club, ‘the biggest regret of his life’. He also pointed out although manager Paul Trollope expressed his admiration for him he was sent to train with the under-21s.

Good match reports from the three leagues and plenty of news from the three divisions. Chris Dunlavy gives his take on issues around the leagues and Steve Evans reports he is eager to return to the dugout and what about the Premier League you may ask … See picture. Yes, that is the full content of the Premier League in the paper, heaven. The last few pages are exclusive to woman’s football again an interesting read.

Something I noticed during my read was that fans of Cheltenham Town through an open letter have been asked for their views on the Football League plans to re-structure the league into four divisions of 20. I think it would be a great idea personally.

It is a great read for anyone interested in league football and I tell you go to your newsagents and buy it or order it for next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment