Thursday 3 January 2019

I Tasted A Greggs Vegan Sausage Roll


Do I love a sausage roll, is the earth round and in danger, of course I do. Greggs claim to have the technology to build a sausage roll, a vegan one to boot which got me interested. So the wife and I were in town this morning and just happened to be within spitting distance of a Greggs so why not nip in and purchase one of Gregg’s new products and a real meat one to compare.

I was a bit pissed off I didn’t get one of those fancy boxes I had been seeing on breakfast TV so had to make do with a paper bag. I’m not a fan of Greggs and rate their normal sausage roll as eatable and that’s about it.

Ok this vegan job looked the same and on the smell test, I couldn’t sniff any difference between the two. I did notice the sales assistant used the same tongs for both products, surely a crossover with the meat one bagged first follow by the vegan offering, naughty but in a separate bag. On social media the new vegan submission seems to be more popular, I would disagree its mass-produced rubbish with no bite to it and I would rate it eatable if drunk. They was no mad dash to sample the new Greggs wonder food none of the people in front of me partook of one but outside another one of their shops I spied a young vegan couple all smiles and happy.

What they should have done was insert a Linda McCarthy sausage in the middle of the pastry I personally like them much better. I am waiting for the first vegan butchers to open with vegan leg of lamb on the bone. With Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan, busting a blood vessel on twitter about the sausage roll Greggs missed a trick not releasing it on Monday when Morgan was back on TV at kind of advertising is gold dust. But you can bet he will have plenty to say anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment