Sunday 2 December 2012

When does Christmas lose its sparky?

I thought long and hard about this and for me it was around 14 for me. From then on, it was more about my sisters and later my own children.
My Christmas comes from giving not receiving I loved to watch others opening present than me opening mine. I have never fallen out of love with Christmas, I still love the whole build-up, but I’m a bit nonplus about receiving presents, just chuck me a few quid in an envelope and I will be happy.
If I wanted something particular I‘d rather buy it myself, hopefully get it cheaper in the January sales, save some money. My kids are the same an envelope with a few bits and pieces around the tree, no more waking at dawn or earlier, they just trot down sometime in the morning. Last Christmas I told everyone my all-time favourite Christmas present, it was my ‘Red Mk2 Chopper’ it was the bees and knees and I loved that bike. That was until I felt the need for spend and bought a racing bike.
This Christmas I feel the need to share my all-time least favourite Christmas gift, socks and underwear which can be thrown in with bloody socks.
I would rather a bar of chocolate or the bloody money any socks/underwear. I did mind if they were part of a packages as a kid. I think mum felt a bit guilty as I grow older and was considerate more on my sisters Christmas presents.
I knew money was tight but she failed to take in that I had my Christmases it was their turn now, I could just do without the socks/underwear. I do like the odd novelty socks they give me a bit of the chuckle, but plain socks just make me think, why bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment