Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunday Dinner - Perks of the Job - The Cook

Another tasty Sunday roast dinner done and dusted. I do enjoy cooking a Sunday dinner and always have since that very first one on setting up house with my then girlfriend, now wife. I love the smell coming out of the oven with today’s offering a loin of Pork pre stuffed and potatoes roasting.

A Sunday dinner anchors my week and if we don’t have a cooked dinner, it throws my day and most of my week off. Since I was a child, my Sunday dinner was always on my plate between 12:30 and no later than 1:30pm at was a time set by my mum. I never got people who would eat their Sunday dinner at say 5pm it is a ridiculous time to me.

We buy our Sunday joint at the butchers mainly for quality the price doesn’t come in to it. Yes, we could buy a joint of meat in one of the many supermarkets, and cheaper but the taste and quality is just not there. I may not enjoy all the chopping, cutting, and slicing of the veg and stuff but it’s a job that must be done. What would your Sunday dinner be without a bit of work?

There are a few benefits of being the cook like a slice of meat just to make sure it is cooked. My favourite perk is when the stuffing oozes out of the meat has it cooks. I could put it to one side for the dishing out later but no, I don’t think so. What if a roast potato jump outs of the meat tray begging to be eaten. It’s another perk for the cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment