Sunday 14 May 2017

Crush Sunday - Sylvia Syms

I was watching the film Ice Cold in Alex (1958) the other day thinking how hot was Sylvia Syms. I already knew because she is a long-time member of my crush list. I like woman and always have this list could turn out to be endless.

I have seen the film about 100 or so times from way back to my youth to date and still marvel how much she still “gave me the horn” in this film in particular. It is a war film in black and white but she looks so stunning and the uniform helps.

The film is a war film, set during WW II in North Africa, an alcoholic army officer travels to Alexandria in an ambulance with his trusted sergeant. His travelling companions are two nurses and a South African officer. Mid-way one of the nurses is killed. The drunk and the other nurse get romantically involved and the South African turns out to be a German spy.

We see her in the opening of the film ready to board the last ship out of Tobruk while under bombardment looking rather sexy in her uniform. Has she progress through the film she became more and more the hottie it must have been the desert heat. She was well up for some desert naughty with John Mills character switching from a quaint English rose to a lustful man-eater at the drop of a hat.

In one scene has they are rolling about in the sand she can be heard saying, “In a few days you would have forgotten we had ever met”. With his reply “I wouldn’t forget” as his motor was starting to rev up. I think I may have used the same line with ‘what’s her name’ many years ago.

Even playing a nun a few years later in Conspiracy of Hearts (1960) she looked stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment