Monday 23 November 2015

Mince Pie and Custard Pasty not for me

More stuff on Christmas there is so many news worthy items popping up all over the place. I love Christmas food boffins they do come up with some unpleasant sounding food. Today I have been reading about some of Marks and Spencer’s and others for the upcoming celebrations.

I am still on the lookout for a non-mayo Christmas sandwich that is a challenge. I notice there are many packets of crisps on the shelves with a Christmas theme with my favourite, Turkey and sage and onion in Tesco’s and I what to try another of their range pigs in blankets, soon.

Christmas dinner in a matchbox - £5.99 plus £1.75 UK delivery, notonthehighstreet.com

Doesn’t sound that appetising. While at the department of Work and Pensions, Secretary of State Iain Duncan Smith the Merciless, is looking to roll it out for the poor depending on costs, meals in a matchbox
.
The little matchbox contains three stripey sweets, each of which tastes like a different part of the traditional festive feast, so you have one that is sage and onion flavoured, one that is roast turkey flavoured, and one that tastes like Christmas pudding. Nowhere near my idea of Christmas dinner where’s my sprouts.


Sprout-filled sausages - British Pork, Sprout & Bacon Bangers, £2.50 for 454g,


I love sprouts be they from Brussels or anywhere. I love them boiled to the point of melting in my mouth and will definitely be giving these a go before Christmas. If they are straight up or come in the form of pigs in a blanket, it doesn’t matter to me and hopefully they will count as one of my five in a day fruit and vegetables.

Mince Pie and Custard Pasty - Warrens Bakery Cornwall


So glad I don’t like mince pies or custard but they are truly not the right filling for a pasty. Who needs one and why would anyone think it is a good idea. Good news they went on sale last weekend in Warrens 50 stores across Cornwall, Devon and Somerset and not nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment