Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Battle of the Christmas Sandwiches

It’s that time of year when the sandwich boffins come up with their ideal Christmas sandwich to give you some festive cheer. With the tenancy to use mayo instead of real sandwich spread butter or margarine meaning, many of these sandwiches are out of bounds for me, as I hate mayo.

I will find it a hard task to find a Christmas cheer sandwich without mayo unless I find a build your own offer and I won’t be holding my breath. I will have to build my own so watch this space for the Peter Ugarte Christmas sandwich without ruddy mayo. I have noticed a number of these sandwich makers a donating some of the cost to homeless charities and others.

Marks and Spencer

Turkey and Pigs in Blankets £3
Turkey, sausages and bacon cranberry and mayonnaise

Tesco

Turkey and Trimmings £2.20 
Turkey, diced bacon, circles of pork sausage, onion stuffing, and cranberry sauce

Sainsbury’s
Christmas Triple sandwich £2.60
Turkey and cranberry; salmon and cream cheese; cheddar cheese and pickle,

Greggs
Christmas Lunch sandwich £2.75 
Sage and onion marinated turkey breast, sliced cooked pork stuffing and smoke flavour sweetcure bacon with cranberry & red onion relish and mayonnaise

Boots
Delicious £2.75 
Turkey, Bacon, Stuffing and Cranberry sandwich

Pret a Manger
Christmas Lunch sandwich £3.60
Turkey, herby pork stuffing, crispy onions, spinach, cranberry and port sauce, mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment