Sunday 10 July 2016

Action double bill - Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - Spectre

Last night on Sky Premiere Movies what a treat for someone like me who loves a good action movie and two come along at once. Well that was what the scheduling was telling me and I had to wipe my eyes in disbelief.

I love an action movie and a Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation and Spectre a Bond film double bill both I have yet to see and all in one night is a bit of overkill for me but I couldn’t wait. For one thing there will be little interest from the wife.

Mission Impossible took the prime 8pm spot – Rogue Nation Tom Cruise giving is Ethan Hunt franchise another run out. From the oh so familiar opening music I was pulled in snug to the TV. Most of the time when a Franchise gets to its fifth movie, the film is either dragging the film around fingers cross in hope they have done enough to keep the critics at bay but with this movie there was nothing to worry about.

This franchise is getting better and better and Rouge nation might be the best MI movie yet, what makes it so great is that it takes parts of the other movies and puts them together. From the first second we see the baddie I wanted him dead and some of the action and chases were breath taking
Rouge Nation adds more humour, more gadgets, and more suspense, more everything. The acting was fantastic by everyone. Tom Cruise was amazing and the fact that he does all his stunts just makes him one of the best action stars today. Simon Pegg stands out a lot in this one, they gave him more screen time, which is great because the chemistry between Cruise and Pegg is also great. The action was incredible and you could tell the actors were very content doing it.

Overall Rouge Nation was amazing and improved in everything. The action and acting was fantastic.

Daniel Craig as James Bond in Spectre was next up in what is to be his last run out as Bond and I found it a bit disappointing after the other Daniel Craig outings as Bond. The story line was strong but the action was not what one would expect. However, but for the car chase I am hard push to remember anything else.

You still get the epic opening scene, which all Bond fans expect. Daniel Craig shows a more vulnerable bond in this outing by doing something bond rarely does and that is trust people. We are given a snippet of Bonds ever so secretive childhood. A complaint I have is there is too many light hearted comedy moments.

I am also tired of Bond bedding just about anything with a heartbeat. Bond and looks to be feeling his age maybe he is right to move on from the 007 franchise finally but overall it is worth viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment