Tuesday 5 July 2016

Welsh Pantry - Minced Beef and Onion Pie

Just picked up a pie for just under a pound, (99p) around the corner in my local shop. I have recently tried the Welsh Pantry range trying a Corned beef Pastie which was a delight and a Sausage Roll which is now my favourite jumping ahead of my previous champion Peters Sausage roll in the factory produce section.

My first thoughts on the condition of the pie was nothing special to look at the same has many of the mass-produced in this price range. I popped it in the oven to warm up hoping the inside would be some kind of revelation.

The pastry was quite dry and while the content was reasonably with enough gravy to help balance out the dryness of the pastry. The mince beef did not taste fatty but still not the best I have tasted and I was surprised by the amount of filling in such a cheap pie much more than the Tesco pie I review before.

Rate is pie 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment