Sunday 17 July 2016

Welsh Cup Draw - The Road begins again in August - Welsh Football

That happened quietly it was only the fact I was wondering when the Welsh Cup draw would take place that I just found out it had. People who read my blog know I like to follow the Welsh Cup and the FA Cup from a far and today it was time to pick a team to begin this season’s road.

Last season I started the Welsh Cup final with Brecon Corries who made it to the Third Round before being knocked out. This season I will be choosing a team from the JD Welsh Cup QR 1Draw (South East) with 193 clubs have entered play in the competition, which will be the 130th edition of the famous competition. Full draw with the South East section below.

JD Welsh Cup QR 1Draw (South East)
Abergavenny Town v Chepstow Town
Abertillery Bluebirds v Treowen Stars
AFC Perthcelyn v Aber Valley
Blaenrhondda v Ynysddu Welfare
Bridgend Street v AFC Butetown
Caerleon v Cwm Welfare
Dynamo Aber v Penrhiwceiber Rangers
Gelli Hibernian v Dinas Powys
Llanrumney United v Cwmbran Town
Merthyr Saints v Cardiff Hibernian
Newport City v RTB Ebbw Vale
Newport YMCA v Cardiff Corinthians
Risca Whiteheads v Nelson Cavaliers
STM Sports v Llantwit Fardre
Sully Sports v Clwb Cymric
Tiger Bay v Blaenavon Blues
Trethomas Bluebirds v Panteg
Wattsville v Tredegar Town
You may know the game I play. I like to follow a team from the first game until they lose and I then follow the winner and so on until however reaches the final. They are seven Cardiff based teams in this opening round I like to start with a Cardiff team with a home game.

Two of the fixtures just jumped out at me Bridgend Street v AFC Butetown and Tiger Bay v Blaenavon Blues being a Docks boy. Butetown/Tiger Bay were our neighbours our lives growing up was intertwined in school and friendship has I grew up. So feel I have some kind of infinity with the two team and so I will begin this journey from my armchair with Tiger Bay. It's great to smell the start of new season coming.

Ties to be played over the weekend of 19, 20, 21 August 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment