Saturday 16 July 2016

My TV - Must see TV - Week beginning 16/07/2016

I have forgotten to keep up with my weekly TV choices mainly because there hasn’t been much on the TV box to excite me but things have turned like a worm. Over the last 2 weeks since my last post on this subject the only programmes or events to excite me was Wales in the Euro 2016 and the films Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Spectre (reviewed)  and along with a few other shows I have liked before.

Look forward to this upcoming there is some humdingers of shows to look forward to in my book.

ITV Saturday (Film) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 7.45pm

The sequel to the Hobbit and the party of dwarves and there hobbit ally continue the quest to reclaim their lost kingdom, journeying through the forest home of ancestral enemy the elves and finally facing the terrifying dragon that drove them from their home.

All the while Gandalf the wizard investigates the rise of a mysterious dark power. Problem is that it’s on ITV that means add breaks although it is good to see a film bypass the grasp of Sky who seem to hoover up all the new films.
BBC1 Sunday The Secret Agent 9pm

A new BBC drama over three parts and an adaptation of Joseph Conrad’s novel. Starring Toby Jones, Vicky McClure, and Stephen Graham in a tale about a shopkeeper in Victorian London a spy who is monitoring anarchists for the Russian Government.

His masters then give him an order to plant a bomb.

Channel 4 Monday Eden 9pm
I have been looking forward to this new reality series since I saw an advert on my Twitter feed looking for people willing to take part. It’s like the BBC’s Castaway many years ago now but sounds tougher no contact with the outside world. That we will have to wait and see.

We will see 23 men and women try to build a new life and new society from scratch, isolated from the rest of the world. The participants were only allowed to take in what they could carry but no mobiles and laptops at kind of thing. They were provided with livestock, animal’s pens, basic safety equipment, and reference books along with the tools of their respective trades.

For an entire year, the group - which includes a doctor, vet, chef, carpenter, and shepherdess - will get the chance to start again, deciding how they want to live as a community isolated.

Drama Channel Tuesday Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads 7.20pm

I have seen this so many times I am nearly word perfect on the dialogue and I never tire of watching it. ‘No Hiding Place’ sees the Lads try to avoid learning the result of an England football match before the TV highlights are shown that evening. Flint (Brian Glover) tries to spoil it for them, having bet them £10 that they won't get through the day without learning the result.

The Lads get to the TV highlights none the wiser about the score, except for Terry seeing a newspaper headline that says "England F...". When Flint tracks them down to Bob's new house, an angry Terry pays him off with £10 (borrowed from Bob). After all that, the match turns out to have been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch: "England – flooded out..."

Channel 4 Wednesday Man Down 10pm

Starring Greg Davies this half hour comedy is about a 40 something, still living home with mummy. He is a teacher a childish idiot trapped in an adult's life. Last week he was sacked from his job. In this episode, he is disappointed to hear how his former pupils have reacted to his departure.

Discovery Channel Thursday Alaskan Bush People 9pm

It’s fake! That’s the question on the mind of most viewers. I like watching TV shows of people living on the edge, or perceived as Alaskan Bush People. If fake I don’t really care it can be an enjoyable watch. The Brown family all seem like crazy idiots.

One thinks he is a wolf, the two older brothers argue a lot. Despite what has been described as their unique dialect, the sons are extremely articulated which is surprising given the isolation in which they supposedly lived all of their lives. As for the daughters, nice nails.

BBC4 Friday People’s History of Pop 9:30pm

I love my music and this show is billed as the British public’s love affair with pop music from 1966 to 1976. Me down to the ground the music I grew up with where my musical taste was built.

The bedrock of me and my music are in those 10 years and I am so looking forward to this programme.


No comments:

Post a Comment