Sunday 17 July 2016

FA Cup - Extra Preliminary Round - My team is round Maltby Main FC

After checking the FAW website, I thought what about the FA Cup draw so I checked out the FA website and low and behold the draw for the Extra Preliminary Round had been made. I have really been slow of the mark this summer.

I checked the fixture list in search of a team to follow, maybe with an unusual name or a team I could relate to who knows. In the end, Maltby Main caught my eye who have a home game against Squires Gate. I have no idea who either team were so I took to the internet to source some information.

Maltby Main FC begun life has a pit-team with all the players were employed at the nearby pit - indeed, a good footballer was often guaranteed employment at the colliery so he could represent the football club! According to the official website. Home based just outside Rotherham they play in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division and finished seventh last season.

Squires Gate FC are a Blackpool based team playing in the North West Counties League Premier Division finishing 19th last season.

Last season’s cup run was disappointing with my trail running slap bang into Manchester United and I am afraid that was the end of that route. Why! Because there are two teams, I refuse to follow in anyway Manchester United and Swansea. I automatically transfer my support to their opponents and if they were both drawn together, I would class the game null and void I would do the same even if I were reading one of those roads to Wembley books.

No comments:

Post a Comment