Monday 10 December 2018

Welsh Cup Last Weekend

Third round of the Welsh Cup happened at the weekend and my team Ynysddu Welfare a fifth tier team within the Welsh League system were home to some tough opponents. Ynysddu were the lowest-ranked team left in the Welsh Cup. The visitors were Welsh Premier League club Cefn Druids but they would not take the lower place team lightly having been dumped out by lower league Llanrhaeadr YM and Llanfair United in the past two seasons.

However, it was not to be, no giant killing here with Cefn Druids running out winners ending the dream of their opponents 3-1 and were in the hat earlier for the next round. I was looking forward to the draw around mid-day on Facebook but today I had to wait until 7pm it was being televised on S4C’s Heno programme kind of the One Show in Welsh with English subtitles. In the draw Cefn Druids face a long trip down from North Wales to Barry.

Cardiff Met are also in the hat for the draw so one capital team had a chance on the road to the final. In the draw it was Aberystwyth and at home. Something, I have just noticed when I started I picked Aberystwyth Exiles a Cardiff based team and should have followed the winners of that game Treharris Western Athletic. Somehow, I jumped to Wattsville and I have no idea why and if I had followed Treharris my team in the draw would have been Llandudno FC. Oh well!
Third Round - Ynysddu Welfare 1 - 3 Cefn Druids
Second Round – Monmouth Town 1 - 3 Ynysddu Welfare
First Round – Undy Athletic 3 - 4 Monmouth Town
Second Round Qualifying - Monmouth Town 4 - 2 Wattsville
First Round Qualifying - Treharris Western Athletic 8 - 1 Aberystwyth Exiles

No comments:

Post a Comment