Tuesday 7 February 2017

If I Had a Time Machine ...

If I could have, five trips in a time machine there would be so much to see or do. One thing I would not want to do is change the timeline of the past so I wouldn’t be wasting a trip to kill Hitler before the rise of the Nazi party. What could happen if you were to change the timeline.

Neither would I mess with my timeline with all its difficulties much is I may like to. What if I would have turn that corner that day or time instead of walking straight on I could have changed my life for better or worse.

My first trip would be to meet Jesus. What if there was no Jesus to meet that would make the Bible the biggest con in the world and just another fairy-tale. However, if he was real I would like to be the 13th disciple, follow him, and listen to him.

I would like to meet one of history’s greatest figures but have been racking my brain just who I would like to meet because there are so many. In infant school, I was fascinated with Richard the Lionheart the ultimate warrior king in my eyes. The Ladybird book opposite is the reason and I like it was much I stole it from school. Don't he look every inch the warrior king.

Of course as a kid, I saw him through tinted coloured glasses because in later life I found out he was a bit of a bastard and mass murderer on his orders. Although we could have a bit of problem communicating as historians are on record as saying he could only speak French.

On the subject of butchery I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Battle of Thermopylae were the Spartans King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans were joined by 700 Thespians for the final battle where they were killed to a man. It was reputed the Persians army was 1million strong against the Greeks. While Leonidas and the 300 lived on in legend the poor Thespians, it was a case of who were they.

Next place/time to visit Wembley Stadium 1927 Cardiff City v Arsenal FA Cup final. What Cardiff City fan with a time machine wouldn’t stop off on the greatest day of the clubs history?

I would want the full experience not just turn up at the game travel to the game from Cardiff to soak up the atmosphere. On the plus side I would buy up a programmes or two for a bit of an investment.
Who would not nip into the future and load up with information to make your life richer financially. Not being too greedy I would only nip ten years into the past which should be far enough to fill my pockets.

It’s true that money won’t buy you happiness, but have you ever seen anyone who looks miserable while he’s getting a backrub by some bikini clad lovely on his new 100-million-dollar yacht? I could live with a bit of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment