Thursday 7 January 2016

My all nighter – Dawn of the Dead - Zombies

Last night due to my coughing fits, I thought it was practical if I vacated the bedroom so not to disturb the wife. I thought it shouldn’t be long before I myself was asleep sitting in my chair.

However, I just couldn’t go to sleep so ended up watching TV in the dark hoping maybe I would drop off. Anyway Dawn of the Dead the 2004 remake was on and there is nothing I like better than a good zombie film and I was up for some late night horror. It is a good film but I hate the ending. After breaking out of the shopping mall, they head for the harbour being thinned out along the way.

Four of the group do make the boat and they set off in search of an island. On the boat, they find a camcorder and we see snippets of their journey. They arrive at a new island with their fuel running out. Just as u thought the island was deserted, dozens of zombies come running for them. The camcorder is dropped and records the zombies chasing after the survivors, we see flashes of zombies and hear gunfire and screams as the credit roll and then it ends. Thing is I have a longstanding plan to escape a zombie take over and that was to get myself to the island of Flat Holm. Looks like it could be a bad idea.

Personally I think they all died, because they had run out of fuel in the boat the couldn't have possibly had time to get back on the boat and get away from the dock. Still I do like a clean ending and this wasn’t one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment