Sunday 27 May 2018

Sunday Crush – Alexandra Bastedo - Glamourpuss


One of my first crushes was Alexandra Bastedo she was one of the stars of the TV series “The Champions”. British espionage/science fiction/occult detective fiction, adventure television series she was an agent for a United Nations law enforcement organization 'Nemesis', based in Geneva.

She was born in England but I remember thinking she looked exotic, European but that came from her mother’s French, German, and Italian descent and her Canadian-born father. She worked from time to time working at 10 Downing Street to assist with translations she was multilingual, speaking Italian, Spanish, French, and German.
To me she will be always be, Sharron Macready her character from “The Champions” she was super sexy and dressed like a model. In the TV, series during her first mission with her two male companions they survive a plane crash in the Himalayas, and rescued by an advanced civilization of monks. They are each given the ability to communicate with one another over distances (telepathy) they also came away from the encounter with superhuman powers-- superior strength, memory, mind reading etc.

With my thoughts, mind reading was a worry.

It is easy to see why she is on my crush list I reckon I was around 11 when woman changed from hello to wow after my first kiss, first boobs and the other thing (we know what I mean) the thingy and I have fond memories. She was known as a glamourpuss back than and glamour was the right name she had buckets loads. I like the fashion from the fifties and sixties and her clothes just hang off her. The was plenty of sex appeal emanating from her and it was great around 10 years back to see her appear in the British soap “EastEnders” still looking great. With her being multilingual she was in demand for foreign makers films like “The Blood Spattered Bride” (1972) La novia ensangrentada (original title) which gave me one of my top 10 topless film shots, see below.

I have never found something like this when
I dig around in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment