Tuesday 15 April 2014

Fish & Chip pie

Marks and Spencer’s food hall is renowned for its food and prices, it’s not cheap as I can vouch for after a wander around yesterday. I told the wife no to a shopping basket has we would need a big lottery win to shop in here.

About the only thing that could open my wallet in there is the Bubble and Squeak Crisp Bakes, which they could have discontinued, well you can’t get them in Cardiff, and I’ve tried. They have come up with a new product soon to be hitting the shelves at £3-45, a fish, and chip pie. I can honestly say I will not be rushing out to buy one, or try it. It is made from chunks of cod, pea puree and tartar sauce held together in short crust pastry with a chip ‘lid’ has you can see from the picture.

Compared with Younger s Award Winning Fish & Chips of Birchgrove, whose fish and chip’s cost (small cod) £3.25, and chips (small) £1.50, so a total cost of £4.75, I know which one I would like to see on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment