Tuesday 1 April 2014

Just leave it alone

In the past, I have been well known for enjoying a nice plate of sandwiches. Today I was surprised to see Princes had added new flavours to their sandwich spread product line.
I am not sure when they were launched but due to my healthy eating regime I have not notice them before. However, it never ceases to amaze me what food companies will do to make a few pennies. Lots of companies are putting new twists on originals products some more successful than others.
Princes have come up with a new line of sandwich fillers they call ‘British Classics’, the range comes in five varieties: Fish 'n' Chips, Baked Beans, Smoky Bacon, Sausage & Tomato and Chicken Tikka. Now you will not be seeing me rushing out any time soon to buy them unless they do a low calorie variety.
I think I would stick with my original favourites Chicken and Salmon. I wondered what the make-up of the ingredients was. I know from my past the spread was tasty while very high in fat content that is why the product is off my menu.
Bacon (45%) (Pork, Water, Salt, Antioxidant (E301), Preservatives (E252, E251, E250)), Minced Chicken (14%), Minced Beef (12%), Water, Tomato Paste (4%), Rusk (Wheatflour, Water, Salt, Raising Agent (E503)), Beef Fat, Soya Protein Concentrate, Potato Starch, Chicken Fat, Onion Powder, Spices, Garlic Powder, Herbs
Minced chicken gets everywhere, we stop buying tin hot dogs after finding out the sausage was made of recovered chicken in the most part. The ingredients do not look to appetising when you see the ingredients laid out. That is why I never checked them out before buying these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment