Sunday 18 May 2014

Riverside Market - Shop Local

Riverside Sunday market 10am until 2pm
It was a beautiful Sunday morning so we decided to take a wander down to Riverside Market on the banks of the River Taff.

It’s on my bucket list and seeing it is under a mile from my house it’s about time, we became acquainted. The market has been running since November 1998, building steadily until today with three other markets across Cardiff.

It was a bit small then I expected to be but interesting anyway. The goal of the market is local food, sold directly by producers in your neighbourhood, without it costing the earth! It was an interesting array of stalls and friendly owners. I myself being limited with my food tastes, meaning boring, but likes looking at food could see what was on offer looked scrumptious and inviting. Much is homemade, the cakes, bread and other things I particularly liked the meat stalls and there were a few but the cost of some things was eye watering.

However, you are paying for the providence of the meat, quality, and traceability with people will to pay for that. We walked away with some carrot cake and some homemade pear drink both of which will be consumed by the wife while I had a walk. There was a fair crowd milling round but not too busy to bother the wife in her wheelchair as she could easily get close to the stalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment