Sunday 31 May 2015

Musical fuddy-duddy

I want one
Regular readers of my blog will know that music has always been an important part of my life. Although I make an effort to keep up with current music trends, my kind of music doesn’t fit into popular music of today. It’s resigned to a niche market.
I increasingly find myself digging back into the archives for something to listen to but luckily, there is still stuff to find. I have become some kind of old fuddy-duddy stuck in the past and my memories. My music has always brought me pleasure unlike one of my other passions football, which has given me plenty of heartache over the years.
Music is like a comfort blanket for me something to cling to and bookmark my memories and past events. I maybe have a wide taste in music by it always comes back to one gene ‘Two Tone’ it is the lynch pin to all the branches of my musical tree.
In the picture, you can see what I would regard as my ultimate goal. A two-tone jukebox and with it crammed packed with the Specials, Madness etc. How often could I listen to this stuff, daily in my case and I kind of do just this morning I gave myself a blast of the Specials ‘You're Wondering Now’ before going shopping.
I don’t have any vinyl these days nor CDs or a cash of music on an iPod the internet is my window to music I enjoy seeing original videos. There was a time I would probably no most of the top 20 in the singles chart but now I don’t think I could come up with any.
So, what do I like now currently in and about the charts Florence and the Machines are interesting me but not enough to run out and buy the album those days have long gone. The Strypes are a band that excites me in this world of naff music from crap boy bands like ‘One Shit’ its good to see a group of lads just being a band.
Another thing have you noticed that the Jukebox is disappearing from pubs. With big screen and wall-to-wall football and other sporting events, they seem to have been pushed out of the door with the screens and piped music taking over. The joys of walking into a pub and perusing a jukeboxes library of content have long gone in some pubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment