Thursday 7 May 2015

Polls are open so get out and vote

2010 exit poll
Polling booths are open but I don’t care I’m not voting today because I have already via post, yes I have a postal vote. If you haven’t voted f**k off you don’t have any right to moan about the result.

I am looking forward to the polls closing tonight because since the first time I voted in 1979 I have a bit of a tradition on election night. I stay up until the official winner is announced but last time I hit the sack early due to the fact it was going to be a hung parliament. So I have a decision to make for tonight.

The exit poll in 2010 suggested a hung parliament with the Conservative Party the largest party kind of spoiling my night and by two o’clock, I made my way to bed. It was on the cards there was to be a coalition by then anyway so why stay up.

I predict tonight’s exit poll will announce no party in overall control and Scotland voting SNP with the Tories being the largest party in Westminster. I don’t fancy listening to politicians talking about coalitions and what if. We will have days and days of that political chat to come with the darkened room deals to make.

According to the bookies, the first result in tonight is likely to be Houghton & Sunderland South, which is set to be announced at 11pm followed by the neighbouring constituency of Sunderland Central. My constituency of Cardiff South and Penarth is expected to be announced around 2:30am Friday morning.

I could park myself on the settee with a blanket, stay up, and watch the results come in but it is very unlikely we will know who wins until late tomorrow. So is it worth sitting up with a plate of sandwiches’ and a can or two of pop or go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment