Thursday 24 September 2015

Bounty spread ...not for me

A few weeks ago, I blogged an article about NASA awarding £127,000+ grant per year into researching turning poo into food for astronauts on long space journeys. However maybe they got the spec wrong because some food boffin as come up with Bounty spread. I would put this on a par with the poo in space it doesn’t sound appetising.

Someone out there is probably jumping up and down in excitement at the thought of a new food delicacy but not me I didn’t like the bar so I will definitely not like the ruddy spread. These days’ companies try to milk every penny out of a product and its name. We have all heard of ‘Pop-Tarts’? Well you just drop one into a toaster and after a few minutes you a have a pop tart with a filling of crap but warmed up, toasted. I wouldn’t know having never tasted one but I am looking forward to someone coming out with the Wagon Wheel pop up tart.

I haven’t seen the product in the shop has of yet but I am lead to believe the spread is milk based and studded with scrummy coconut flakes. There is, however, no chocolate involved so why are they using the Bounty name.

The best thing to spread on toast is a nice dollop of butter and if you are that way inclined cheese, jam and the more classic spreads. In my book, its sad people who will put peanut butter, chocolate and other stuff on their toast just because some food boffin in some laboratory came up with it doesn’t make it some great idea. That includes the wife and sons who will spread crap like that on their toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment