Wednesday 23 September 2015

Maybe I was a sucker

A few months ago, I was looking on the magazine rack in the shop and noticed one of those new collection magazines the kind you have to build something or learn to bake cakes or knit. The one that caught my eye was ‘Art Therapy’. I remembered only the week before the wife had arrived home with a colouring book in hand so I thought to myself why not buy the first issue and maybe order it because like I’m always telling her “I am a good husband”.

I had now entered the financial dark side of this kind of magazine, which I should have remembered. I was probably looking for brownie points from the wife always a mistake when it involves money. The first issue is always at a throw away price, this was 99p thereafter the price was £2.99. I thought it would be monthly or more likely fortnightly but it turned out to be a weekly magazine.

I felt like a real sucker going to the shop for the latest edition earlier. I had the feeling everyone is laughing at me thinking what a loser. I must have paid out nearly £80 so far on some colouring books and pens all of which I could have bought in the discount shop ‘Works’. You can get a colouring book anywhere cheaply but I am paying £2.99 for three colouring pencils ‘What a Loser’. God knows when it will come to an end but the wife told me to cancel it, good for her and maybe I will.

I am having it better than some suckers, having noticed the other day there was a new magazine on the shelf, Zippo Lighters opening price £4.99 where after that who knows I can guarantee. it won’t be cheap. I remember reading about the chance to build the Millennium Falcon that would set you back around £900 for a 100 magazine near a two-year subscription, it would have been cheaper to buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment