Friday 11 September 2015

Gogglebox returns to Channel 4 tonight

I love Gogglebox being a bit of an armchair critic myself and I prefer to hear and read the ordinary folk talk TV than some cynical professional critic. The only problem I have was the show is the seemingly love-in with the X Factor, which in the last series seemed to be on weekly.

I am hoping some of the old favourites will be returning to the show like golden oldies June and Leon, Steph and Dom and the fantastic Sandi and Sandra we all have our favourites. It is a simple format with members of the British public sitting in their living rooms and commenting on what they’re viewing, sometimes they are harsh but aren’t we all at some point. TV creates a lot of comment within any family there are some arguments.

Take the new series of Grand Designs on the other day. While I was all excited, the rest of the house couldn’t give a monkey over a guy spending £1.5m on building a house when he had a perfectly good house anyway. I just sat back soaking up the negatively.

I like what I like at the end of the day and always make my own mind up on what I am watching be it on the Radio, TV, or a Film. It would be an awful world if everyone agreed, don’t you think so, and I now have the Friday night nine-o’clock TV slot tied down for the near future.

The show became a TV sensation almost overnight, going on to win a BAFTA in 2014, and a National Television Award in 2015. I watch the last series of Gogglebox Australia via the internet and that was interesting especially when they comment on British TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment