Friday 25 May 2018

Answering Qustion About Me And School - Mostyn RC

What were you like in school?

I felt I was a good pupil, not a troublemaker although I could fly close to the rules and step over them from time to time. I was caned a few times for breaking general school rules I remember being caught taking a short cut across the grass, cost four of the best.

What did you enjoy most about school?

Friendship was important and my group of class mates we were together for the five years throughout secondary school and  remembered happily. I was lucky my junior school was affiliated to the school being Catholics so most of my friends transferred together and we were a tight unit.

I enjoyed mitching, which was also part of my schooling everyone must have bunked off school once. The only time school began to lose the fun element was in the final year when I realised all this was ending, time to grow up and think about my future who needed that.

Getting to School

From my house it is over 5miles when I first started we had to make our way to the bus station to catch a school bus then after a term the school revised the bus routes and one stopped at the top of my street. Of course it was not always caught! If you missed it and made your own way into school you could just about miss the first two lessons. Living over three miles from the school I was issued with a bus pass.

Naughtiest thing you ever did.

Well this is a very easy one, which involves three stitches and the mysterious doctor’s certificate. On my first ever games lesson with three stitches in my foot I was told I needed a doctor’s certificate, which I dually acquired. Stitches out for my next games lesson it was not a pleasant day and with my games kit in my bag I sat there and when asked why I was not ready I just said, “I have a certificate, sir”. From then I just kept using the ‘certificate’ ruse until they just stopped asking me and for year after year until I left school I did not do physical education.

It was not until I was interview by the local newspaper years later that they found out with one of my sister who was at the school telling me the story was pinned on the staff room wall.

Best/Favourite subject.

History was my favourite lesson I did a mega project on the World War Two one year and got me my one and only 'A' in five years of schooling. I just loved learning and I also liked geography but that was about it.

Worst subject

Social studies - The teacher was ok but I couldn't get a long with the lessons they were boring. I will through in English as well my weakest lesson again I like my teachers.

Best Teacher

Mr Morris (Maths) he was the best I always enjoyed his lessons but I can truly say I liked all my teachers.

Where you a fighter

In five years I had just one fight with my best friend from junior school I can't remember why just we had the fight outside the woodwork room and I was so upset I when on the mitch for a few weeks. We kind of made our peace but he soon moved and changed school.

End of school Exams

Well after five years of school come final exams, it was Maths GCSE my only exam. Somehow, from very mediocre results over the five years, I made and passed the pass mark of 55/100 and I was shocked but my teacher Mr Morris more.

I remember as he was rolling off the names I was expecting him “Ugarte 20 or 30 something, disappointing” but no he continued “50” and still he had not called my name out. “The next names have passed, Peter Ugarte 57 congratulations” no big cheer but in my mind there was a party kicking off. Cheating was officially suggested, who I was sitting next to that kind of thing but I had no idea why my score was so high for me and putting it down to a perfect moment in time but I did not pass the real exam at the end of school exams.

Favourite school dinner.

I love the Cornbeef pie with chips, everything with chips within reason there was plenty I did not like all the ‘afters’ but for ice cream. First thing every morning I would try to find out what was on the menu, if it was not tempting some of us would nick out of school down the hill to the chippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment