Saturday 5 May 2018

650 Words - That Diet Part 2

Heavy Load
A week or so ago I explained my history with food keyed into my depression and my fall from grace with my last attempted diet and my new bold plan as cunning as the fat catcher who has just been appointed Professor at Fatty Bum, Bum University to get back on the treadmill not literally. I do not want to do any exercising could be a problem but do I care! If anyone sees me walking through the door of any gym you have my permission to kill me I would appreciate it.

Today I am contemplating starting my diet again and in-between deciding I have eaten a pastie from Brutons and a couple of packets of crisps I was feeling weak. I am trying to figure out why I failed the last time but I cannot put my finger on why and cannot say when it emerge but it must have been the end of January. I am thinking of starting on Monday but then I always start my diets on a Monday could that be my problem. I should start on another day in the week and leaning towards Wednesday.

The only plus to my situation I may have gained some of the weight back but not all I lost gave me a little boost. Thinking over years gone by I reckon over the last thirty years I have dieted (tried and failed) every year but for maybe a year or two but I guarantee I was thinking about dieting anyway. At my worse I weighed in at just over a fatty 26st and I glad those days have gone and I intend forever.

Still the plan is the same as last time with no pressure on myself but I intend to purge has much processed food out of my diet as possible. Fresh is best and where possible that is what will be on my table. Ridding ourselves off processed food like bread is top of my list at itself will make great changes to my diet. We have two small bakeries whose bread are baked local Pettigrew Bakeries bake on their premises and are very conscious of the ingredients in their products so a no brainer there.

Ashton's
It will mean less shopping in supermarkets. We like fish and instead of shopping for convenience buying frozen fish, we will go to Ashton fishmongers in the market in town, as we do not have a local fishmonger. It may cost a bit more but the taste and quality is worth it just like buying our meat from the butcher for example I bought four burgers and they cost me £4.80 made in shop while the equivalent at Tesco is £2.50, cheaper if you buy frozen. The major difference the burger meat from the butchers is locally sauced with the Tesco product who knows where it is from has it rolls along the production line.

Remember these
The great ‘peas in the pod’ search is still on going. Has a kid we mostly had peas in the pod not tin peas but locally I have not been able to find them. The lady in the veg shop said there was no call for them. She advised me frozen would be better than tinned peas but the search will continue. My goal is to cook a Sunday Dinner completely free of process food however one item that will never disappear and that is mint sauce.

In prelude to me starting my diet I have Googled the area to locate any hidden gems of shops I may not know about and now have a list of local shops which will be helping local business. The days of the big shops at any of the major supermarkets will soon be long gone. I have to do something, I am enjoying myself … Oh yes I am, it may not look like but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment