Monday 7 May 2018

The Day after That Game


I have had time to sit back, think about the game yesterday and all the emotions I when through as I felt like I kicked every ball and jumped for every header in the second half in desperation for that elusive goal.

Although the news from Birmingham was good, still I was worried, and when Fulham scored in the 84th minute to make the score, 2-1 I went into panic mode that was until the home team banged in a late goal to make it 3-1 happy times and I could breathe again. I just sat back and watched everything unfold before me on the TV in silence I may have shed a tiny tear at the final whistle as we were back at the top table.

This time we are going back in our real colour of blue after the disastrous rebrand the last time we were in the Premier League and the season that ripped the club open at the seams. Redbirds was never going to work.

Now we are back in the Premier League after four years and we a probably already favourites for relegation which will give heart to all the Warnock and Cardiff haters and there a plenty out there. A twitter numpty caught my eye was Jamie Gray an Aston Villa fan who seems to trawl football asking football folk what they think about Neil Warnock.


If there were a formula to staying in the Premier League, I would say look to Burnley who last season bought in £33m but sold just over £36.5m making a small profit on transfers. Cardiff cannot compete with the big clubs but look Burnley who could lined up a Europe spot.

Manager Neil Warnock said the club needs "five or six" summer signings to add to is squad promising not to spend silly money and he is confident that out of contract Aron Gunnarsson will re–sign for the club. There will be some player’s surplus to requirements and will leave the club hopefully concluding this piece of business sooner rather than later. Now we will see speculation on players linked with Warnock and Cardiff.

Like closing the summer transfer market before the start of the season, I like to see new signings bought before pre-season, which gives players time to settle.

There are big changes to the summer transfer window and for the better I believe. The window has been push forward from deadline day from August 31 to 5pm on the Thursday before the start of the new season, starting with the 2018-19 campaign.


Fixtures for 2018/19 are released on Thursday, June 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment