Tuesday 12 December 2017

Loading the Jukebox – 11 All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

My favourite Christmas tune … I love it and all you need is to ask the wife. I belt out the catchy line “All I want for Christmas is you”; all year around I think it annoys her some times. The song failed in the bid to be Christmas No. 1 in 1994 when it was released only reaching second in the charts with East 17's "Stay Another Day" receiving that honour.

The song has been covered no end of times and famously featured in the classic feel good Christmas film ‘Love Actually’. She wrote and produced the song with Walter Afanasieff and Carey is thought to earn royalties of £376,000 every year from her hit a nice Christmas present. Carey is easy on the eye but that doesn’t help, the fact is she as a great voice.

There are two music videos for the song with the song's primary video features grainy home-movie-style footage of Carey, her dogs and family during the holiday season, as well as Carey dressed in a Santa suit frolicking on a snowy mountainside.

The second video and my favourite was filmed in black and white format, and features Carey dressed 1960s style in homage to The Ronettes, alongside backup singers and female dancers.



No comments:

Post a Comment