Tuesday 3 December 2013

A joyous 53 hours

I have always maintained that my Christmas starts at 6pm Christmas Eve and ends bedtime on Boxing Day. After finish off any shopping required for me it’s lock down time Christmas Eve, TV and a takeaway in the old days the work would not finish until late because of present wrapping something I don’t miss.
Today money in a card, how easy is that. No need for me to get up ready but if the weather is ok, dad will be wandering down for a few hours and family tradition, but don’t mind the visit. We hope our elders will graces us with a visit for Christmas Dinner has last Christmas was the first time he was not here choosing Christmas Eve for a visit. If he is not here that will mean three for Dinner we don’t count our youngest (24) he will be happy with a plate of pigs in blankets (sausages’ and bacon), some Christmas dinner.
Boxing Day is a quiet day for me surrounded by football. The wife might go shopping into town to spend any money she received has presents, she is not one to let grass grown to quickly under her money unlike me. It need to be a fairly quiet day after the eating the previous day although there is the Turkey leftovers to clear, a curry and sandwiches’ is the normal way for most families.

No comments:

Post a Comment