Saturday 21 December 2013

My Perfect Christmas

Christmas Decorations and Lights
December 1st is the day we put up our Christmas decoration. We have a pop-up Christmas tree, one of those space saving ones which can be up and ready in five minutes. Easy and convenient even if I have to put the lights on.
We no longer do ceiling decorations too old for stepladders, and we have no children to get excited about them anymore. We have those traditional Christmas scene with multi-colored LED lights very pretty and again nice and easy to display.
Presents
Let's be honest, I don’t do presents very well. No I am no scrooge, I don’t like receiving them, I like cash because if I want something I will buy it myself.
Food and Drink
Last years turkey
My love of food allow I have on a kind of diet at the moment that will be kicked into touch for a few days. I am not much of a drinker these days close to tea total, but I don’t like tea or coffee. I love cooking a full on Christmas dinner we have a turkey crown, why pay for a lot of bones the turkey costs enough anyway.
A full cooked dinner with trimmings only happens at Christmas. Followed later when room has been made for turkey and stuffing sandwiches and some sweety treats.
Christmas Films
I'm a big TV-watcher over Christmas and like a good Christmas film, you can't keep me away from them. I fact I would say I watch more films on the Christmas 24movies channel during the month of December than any other channel. The Bishop's Wife (1947) is my all-time favourite it is rarely on but I do love it. A perusal of this Christmas schedule showed a number of film to get excited about
  • Monday 23rd Channel 5 … Christmas with the Kranks (2004
  • Christmas Eve 14th Channel 5 … Scrooge (1951)
Two films on my must watch list.

No comments:

Post a Comment